***Counts towards the certificate in International Commercial Arbitration***
The course will be delivered by experienced senior lecturers from the University of East Anglia.
Lawyers, in house lawyers, policy makers and judges.
This Course describes the foundational principles determining whether a breach of contract occurs, the right to terminate a contract, and how to measure damages for breach of contract under English Contract law, and the limitations on the award of damages.
Course Aims and Objectives:
• Understanding when a breach of contract occurs under English contract law.
• Understanding which breaches will allow the innocent party to terminate the contract.
• Understanding the performance interest protected under English law by being able to distinguish between expectation, reliance, and restitution interests.
• Recognising that the award of damages can be limited under the doctrines of mitigation, and Remoteness.
• Update on recent English case law and current debate on the assessment of damages for breach of contract.
The courses are delivered either by Dr Youseph Farah or Dr Hakeem Seriki
This course is CLPD Acccredited: 2 Points